Helping the community with Education, Income & Health
Uniting Neighbors, Impacting Lives
The United Way has brought together people and resources to build a safety net to help meet the needs of our friends, neighbors, co-workers and families.
A constant reminder that when we as individuals think outside ourselves, we have the power to facilitate change. When we think of others’ lives as linked to our own, our compassion grows. When we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. We build the strength of our neighborhoods. We bolster the health of our communities. And we change the lives of those who walk by us every day.
Here are just a few examples of where your United Way donation is going, and the impact you are making on your community.
- Emergency food and shelter was provided for local families victimized by domestic violence
- Over 1,000 children were receiving a free book per month through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library program
- Funds were provided to families struggling to pay bills for heating and water
- Handicapped individuals were provided with equipment to help improve their mobility issues
- Families were provided boxes of food to feed their families through local food banks
- Children received immunizations they needed for attending school
- Over 2,200 high school students and their parents from the 4 high schools had access to career help through the Coshocton C.A.R.E.S program
- Boys and Girls were given camping opportunities and learned leadership skills
- Students were given help with homework so that they would not fall behind in school