Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I give to the United Way?
Charitable giving is a personal and voluntary decision and the United Way encourages you to do what is most comfortable to you. A gift to the United Way is an investment that benefits the entire community, not just one program, issue, or population.
What if I don't want my money going to a specific agency?
Not every agency appeals to every donor, but all agencies have met the meticulous standards of our United Way and the programs we fund meet needs within our three impact areas, Health, Education and Financial Stability. If you like, you can designate to any one agency or program that fits your needs.
Are all United Way's the same?
There are approximately 1,400 United Way across the country that exist in their respective communities to build partnerships and leverage resources to create plans for long lasting community change. Though United Ways share a logo and have similar missions, each United Way is independently incorporated and is led by local staff and volunteers. The work of each United Way is determined by its community needs.
What is the easiest way to contribute?
Payroll deduction is by far the most convenient method of contribution. A small amount is taken from your paycheck per payday, allowing you to make a small contribution each week that can make a big difference in the course of a year.
United Way of Coshocton Quick Facts
2019 Quick Facts:
- Goal for 2019 – 2020 is $325,000
- 99% of every dollar donated stays here
- 13 local Partner Agencies conducting over 30 programs
- Partner agencies are required to adhere to strict standards set by our United Way
- 2 paid staff – Overhead is 12%
- Allocations based on actual dollars collected
- We are locally governed and weigh decisions based on current local needs
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- FamilyWize Discount Prescription Program
- Clean Up Coshocton
990, Audit and Financial Statements are all located here.